> I am also following this conversation, I am wondering if you consult the
following about RemoteAuth Authentication,
> but still failed?
>
> https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/illiad/RemoteAuth+Authentication
>
> Ling
> UIC Library

Don't know about Jimmy, but the flow on that page is one of the issues we
have. We can't trigger the system to have that login behavior.  From what I
can tell of the logs, it decides the page to redirect to in a session
before it ever checks the user status or the remote user header.  I don't
know how, given that, that the flow could really happen that way. (I might
be missing something).

As far as I can tell the other settings are what they should be, after all
if they weren't I can't imagine that it would work most of the time, just
not on the initial logon.

We did have an issue with a session heartbeat type of thing that had a
similar behavior (the headers would just drop off, somehow associated with
the heartbeat process). Thankfully we were able to disable that in the
authentication software.

Does anyone using RemoteAuth actually see that flow (get challenged to
either register or update your info after first successful login?)  If you
do, what are you using as a link into the system?

Jon Gorman
University of Illinois