Also, Raleigh (and I say this both with affection and from experience) acts
a bit big for its britches. The standard rates for downtown (non-crap)
hotels is... not cheap. Rack rate for both the Sheraton and the Marriott is
nigh 'round $300 for a single. There are inexpensive options in walking
distance (e.g., Clarion), but they come with the concomitant cheap hotel
caveats.