Hi Laura:

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Laura Krier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip>

> The area where I'm most involved right now is in releasing library holdings
> metadata openly on the web, in discoverable and re-usable forms. It's
> amazing to me that we still don't do this. Imagine the things that could be
> created by users and software developers if they had access to information
> about which libraries hold which resources.

I'm really interested in your efforts on this front, and where this
work is taking place, as that's what I'm trying to do as part of my
participation in the W3C Schema Bib Extend Community Group at
http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/

See the thread starting around
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemabibex/2013Jul/0068.html
where we're trying to work out how best to surface library holdings in
schema.org structured data, with one effort focusing on reusing the
"Offer" class. There are many open questions, of course, but one of
the end goals (at least for me) is to get the holdings into a place
where regular people are most likely to find them: in search results
served up by search engines like Google and Bing.

If you're not involved in the W3C community group, maybe you should
be! And it would be great if you could point out where your work is
taking place so that we can combine forces.

Dan