Just to move your discussion along a bit, plus I think it sounds
pretty interesting, what sort of resources are you talking about.
Know what you are working with can give everyone a better idea on what
schema's would work best.  I know MARC is not so friendly for online
resources, but it depends on what the item is.  Just off the cuff
Dublin Core is probably your best bet due it is extensiblity, but
again depends what you are working with.

Matt