hello,

Sorry comming late with it but:

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:43:33AM -0500, Joshua Welker wrote:
> Not intending to start a language flame war/holy war here, but in the
> library coding community, is there a particular reason to use Ruby over
> Python or vice-versa?

Is it the only choices you have? Because I'd personnally advice none of
them

I tested both of them before stucking to Perl just because

* it is very pleasant when it come to explore and modify datastructures
  and strings (which library things are).
* the ecosystem is briliant: perl comes with lot of libraries and tools
  with a quality i haven't found in other languages.

Of course, perl is not perfect and i really would like to use a modern
emerging compiled language like go, rust, haskell or even something on the jvm
(like clojure or the emerging perl6) but all of them miss libraries.

HTH
regards
--
Marc Chantreux
Université de Strasbourg, Direction Informatique