Salvete!

> Agreed. It's much easier to face a preservation project of many terabytes of
> archival tif images that will never be used for presentation but must be
> maintained when you have an "endless supply" (wink wink) of storage
> out in the cloud rather than face everything that is associated with bringing a
> large storage appliance online. Not to mention growth planning for said
> appliance, backup planning and execution, etc...

    It's also an idea that works harmoniously with the framework of a Library consortium. It would be nice to have IFLA or another extremely large body *looks at Lyrasis* formally take this up not just for member institutions but for all. The reason I say not just members is that is a decision that would lead to silofication. Perhaps a donate button :D

Cheers,
Brooke