Salary from £32,469 - £39,276 per annum inclusive

The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is one of the
foremost social science universities in the world. LSE Library has been
developing its digital library services for several years and we are now
seeking a second Digital Library Developer to join a team of technical and
domain experts building our digital collections for the future.

LSE Digital Library provides capacity for the collection, preservation, and
online delivery of a range of digital collections, including digitised
manuscripts and maps, audio-visual content such as prominent public lectures,
the repository of LSE research outputs, digital archives of individuals and
organisations, and official publications. Over the next few years we will be
exploring new forms of collecting, including web harvesting and social media,
as well as new forms of interaction such as geo- discovery, mobile, semantic
data mining, and visualisations.

The Digital Library team works end-to-end through user research, prototyping,
development, test, and deploy. You will work alongside one other Developer, a
Systems Administrator, and a User Experience Architect to identify and adapt
open-source technologies, and contribute code and new tools back to the
community. You will also be a key member of the cross-library working group of
collection, metadata, resource discovery, and preservation experts who are
transforming the way the library collects and makes material available in the
digital world.

We are looking for a developer with experience in an agile environment who is
confident working on multiple projects and rapidly adopting new technologies.
Applicants should have experience of working with web applications and Ruby on
Rails, Solr, JavaScript, or other digital library technologies would be an
advantage. We build workflows for library staff as well as public interfaces
serving thousands of users, so you must be as comfortable with front-end
technologies as back-end architectures.

This is a very exciting time for LSE Library with the development of our
digital library to acquire, preserve and provide access to digital
collections, the introduction of the Women's Library @ LSE - Europe's largest
collection of material relating to the lives of women - together with a
building development project to enable the library service to grow and
flourish. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of our emerging
digital strategy during a period of significant change in the Library's
history.

For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ed Fay, Digital
Library Manager:

In addition to a good salary the benefits that come with this job include a
defined benefits pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training
and development opportunities.

To apply for this post please go to
'[http://lse.ac.uk/JobsAtLSE](http://lse.ac.uk/JobsAtLSE)' and select
"Vacancies". Applications must be received by 4 August 2013 (midnight UK
time). Regrettably, we cannotaccept any applications
received after this date. The provisional interview date is 21 August 2013.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9195/