(Apologies for cross-posting.)

Dear colleagues,

The HathiTrust Research Center will conduct hour-long focus groups at the upcoming JCDL 2013 conference.

If you do research with large-scale, digital text corpora, we invite you to participate.

Our goals are to:

Find out how researchers (like you!) collect things together for research purposes; and
Brainstorm researcher requirements (like yours!) for collecting HathiTrust items together for computational analysis.

If you will be attending the JCDL conference and you are interested in these topics, please email Harriett Green ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) by *Monday, July 22, 2013* and indicate your preferred time for participation:

Joint Conference on Digital Libraries 2013, Indianapolis, Indiana

   July 23, 7:30-9:00 a.m.
   July 24, 7:30-9:00 a.m.

The HTRC enables computational access for nonprofit and educational users to the HathiTrust corpus, a digital library of millions of books and other materials digitized by the Google Books project and other mass-digitization efforts. We are interested in understanding how researchers build and use digitized book and serials collections in the course of their research.

Your participation will give you a chance to meet with others working in your field or related areas. We hope to use the results to help advance the research tools afforded by the HathiTrust Research Center.