*Code4Lib Midwest 2013
October 13-14
Pappajohn Business Building, University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa*

Please join us Sunday, October 13, and Monday, October 14, in Iowa City for
the Code4Lib Midwest 2013 conference! This informal conference will feature
short lightning talks, longer presentations, workshops, and breakout
discussion sessions covering technology in libraries, archives and museums
in the Midwest. A preliminary schedule can be found on the Code4Lib Midwest
wiki (http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Midwest).
*
I’m not really a coder. Can I still come to Code4Lib Midwest?*

Absolutely! Code4Lib events are always open to people who don’t think of
themselves as coders but who want to learn more about using technology in
libraries and cultural heritage institutions. Not all of the talks and
breakout sessions will be about “code,” either. Topics like digital
preservation, digital media, and metadata are totally fair game at Code4Lib.

*How much does it cost? What are the logistics?*

Nothing! Registration for Code4Lib Midwest is free. Just add your name to
the list on the wiki (http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Midwest), and
you’re registered. If you don’t have a wiki account and don’t want to sign
up for one, e-mail Shawn Averkamp ([log in to unmask]) or Emily Shaw (
[log in to unmask]) to be added to the list. A block of rooms has been
reserved in the Sheraton Iowa City Hotel at $99 per night for Saturday and
Sunday nights. More logistical information is available on the wiki.

*How do I propose a talk/workshop/discussion?*

Just add it to the wiki (http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/Midwest). We
have room for up to 20 presentations (15-20 minutes each) and around 20
lightning talks (5 minutes each), so don’t be shy. We want to hear about
what you’re doing.

Hope to see you there!

--The Code4Lib Midwest 2013 Planning Committee
Emily Shaw, Shawn Averkamp, Becky Yoose, Julia Bauder, Wendy Robertson, and
Matthew Butler