Hi all,
We mentioned this in the call today, but I wanted to let you know that the Arts and Humanities team has merged with Cultural Heritage team.

The consensus amongst the team members is that digital preservation issues confronting the types of content (and the types of institutions) in the two teams' jurisdictions largely overlap, and that it makes more sense to merge the teams rather than to keep them separate. Plus, the Cultural Heritage team was on the small side, so they felt that by merging the group they also gain strength in numbers.

All that said, both Erik Rau and Jonathan McGlone, who had been facilitating the two teams to date (and we thank them for that!) were unable to continue leading the new team due to responsibilities at their home institutions.

A few folks (yay!) have stepped up to rotate and share facilitator duties for newly merged Cultural Heritage team. They are

Josh Sternfeld, National Endowment for the Humanities,  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Deborah Rossum, SCOLA, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Gail Truman, Truman Technologies, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Now is a great time for our new or long-time members who might be interested in joining this group to sign up! Feel free to contact Josh, Deborah, and/or Gail to sign up (or email Cathy or me and we can help).

I haven't had a chance to update the wiki yet with the new structure, but will do that in the coming weeks.

Best,
Abbie

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke