I have to say that I loathe LibGuides. My library makes extensive use of
them, too. Need a web solution? The first thing out of someone's mouth is
"Let's put it in a LibGuide!"

Shudder

This fall, I'll be moving our main site over to Drupal, and I'm hoping that
eventually I can convince people to re-invent their LibGuides there. I can
use the "saving money" card, and the "content silos are bad" card and
*maybe* I will be successful.

Anyone fought this particular battle before?

~heather