  Andrew Darby writes

> I don't get this argument at all.

  I breathe a sigh of relief. I didn't understand it either, but
  I blamed my brain fog.

> Maybe the vendor option makes sense, maybe the open source option
> does.

  The vendor option may be based on it just hosting the open source
  option. I do that sort of thing. LibGuides don't seem to do that,
  as they appear to have their own proprietary software.

  Wilhelmina Randtke writes:

> I also don't see vendor lock in issues in LibGuides, since the research
> guides concept includes routine change and replacing content.

  No lock in because you can rewrite everything? Hmm...

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel