From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Ross Singer
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 9:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] LibGuides: I don't get it

I don't think the remedy to a lack of technology skills is to make
librarians into shade tree sysadmins.

*That's* the expense that gets swept under the rug in the open source
argument. Most advocates have systems administrators and infrastructure to
support implementing things themselves and grossly underestimate the cost
when that environment doesn't exist.

-Ross.