There's not a lock-in issue with LibGuides, because it's used to host
pathfinders.  Those are supposed to be periodically revisited.  One of the
big problems is that librarians will start a guide and never finish, or
make one then never maintain it.  Periodically deleting everything is a
good thing for pathfinders and subject guides, and people should do it
anyway.  No one's talking about tools for digital archives, which have lock
in issues and are way more expensive.

-Wilhelmina Randtke