Your mileage may vary, but MarcEdit has a dedup tool that will allow you to
take two files and find duplications.  It also has a merge tool that will
allow you to take two files, and merge specific fields into one or another
(so if you want fields like the 856 from two packages in the same record).
There are some assumptions made when matching (dedup can use any
field/subfield pair, but obviously control numbers are better -- merging is
done using a heuristic analysis of 20-25 different field points, with
significance weighted to create a match score for merge), but some folks
find it useful if you don't want to code something up yourself.

Otherwise, if I was coding this, I'd stay away from needing exact matches.
I've found that when doing matches, I like to include a wide range of
elements, and then use a fuzzy match when working with titles because the
title isn't as fixed as you might like -- especially if the cataloging
level varies.

--tr