Hello Code4Lib folks,

I had a DSpace related question I was hoping to get an answer for.  I just
started my new job as the Digital Content Librarian for the University of
Bridgeport and one of my main tasks in dealing with the institutional
repository.  This repository apparently was migrated into DSpace from
another repository software.  As such we want to get a number of the links
in the records cleaned up so that the users can access all the
information.  We are using version 1.8 at the moment and I noticed in the
curation tasks section there is an option to check links in metadata.  I am
thinking that can help me find any broken links, plus the wiki seems to
indicate that as well.  I wanted to know if anyone else has used this
function before and can give me an idea of how it works so that I can know
if it will do the job, and if I need to wait until a scheduled maintenance
period in which to use it.  Any other suggestions in how I can check for
broken links or empty records are also welcome.  Thanks for any help that
can be provided.

Matt Sherman