Hi Matt,

It is usually better to ask DSpace-specific usage/support questions on
the DSpace Technology support list (dspace-tech). You can sign up at:

I'm sure there are plenty of DSpace experts also on this code4lib list,
but you'll find even more over on the DSpace specific lists.

As to your question, that specific "Check Links in Metadata" Curation
task will do a very basic verification of any links in your metadata.
Specifically, it checks for any metadata fields beginning with http://
or https://, then it performs a GET and verifies that a 2xx HTTP
response code is returned. It will not modify your metadata in any way,
but will report back any Items that have broken links in their metadata.
  More basic info is in the DSpace 1.8 docs at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Curation+System#CurationSystem-LinkCheckers

If you have further questions, feel free to ask. Again, I'd recommend
joining the dspace-tech list, just because you are more likely to find
more DSpace expertise there. More info on the various DSpace mailing
lists is also at:

Good luck,

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org