If I understand what you're saying, what you need is an EZproxy
http://www.oclc.org/ezproxy.en.html install configured to authenticate
against Unified login https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Unified_login
and specific user rights
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights or some other user
grouping mechanism.

EZproxy is the defacto standard for making paywalled resources avaliable
to institutional users from off campus. The only downsides are (a) that
it requires you have full control over DNS because a proxy at
https://proxy.wikimedia.org/ would also answer
https://some.subscrpition.resource.example.com.proxy.wikimedia.org/ and
forward to https://some.subscrpition.resource.example.com/ and (b) as a
proxy, it touches all traffic, stream video and very large PDFs will be
redirected through the proxy.

Alternatively, there is a slight chance of joining a Shibboleth
federation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shibboleth_%28Internet2%29 but
that's a big ball of policy that is likely to be incompatible.
Shibboleth is preferred for streaming because there is no proxying.

cheers
stuart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Stuartyeates

--