http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/09/library-of-congress-says-it-will-take-its-site-offline-if-govt-shuts-down/

This morning's latest terrifying news on the government shutdown front is
that unless Congress decides to (ahahahahahah) oh who am I kidding.

Broadcast message from root October 1, 2013 00:00
The system is going down for system halt NOW!

Since the Library of Congress' web services are you know, won't have money,
they'll be taken offline along with the rest of LC. Compared to most of the
things that'll happen, this won't be so bad. However it could make a lot of
people on this list's lives a living hell on Tuesday morning when we start
getting system failures because an API relied on a lookup to id.loc.gov or
any other LC service.

So brace your bosses and patrons. Because without loc.gov, things could get
weird.

Seriously, if anyone knows more, please share.

David Riordan | Product Manager, NYPL Labs |
@NYPL_Labs<http://twitter.com/nypl_labs>
[log in to unmask] | m 203.521.1222 | @riordan<http://twitter.com/riordan>