Hi Tom,

I think it comes down to what you really mean by a book not having a
title. A few options I can think of:

1) This book was published without a title (or whatever verb you want
there if you want to cover unpublished material)
2) The author did not give this work a title
3) I've never heard of anyone calling this work by a formal title

There are certainly lots more options for a definition of untitled. But if
you're thinking along the lines of #3, I agree the open world assumption
comes into play, and you just done have a triple with a title-like
property, and if someone somewhere else has one, great. If #1 or #2 or
anything similar in structure, how about declaring titleless-ness as a
class that's a subclass of book? The semantics there would be "books
published without titles" or "books not given titles by their authors" or
whatever. You'd then just have a triple declaring this book part of that
class. Or the titleless-ness class could be broader than just books, and a
subclass of creative work (as defined in your vocabulary of choice).

Jenn

Jenn Riley
Head, Carolina Digital Library and Archives
http://cdla.unc.edu/
http://www.lib.unc.edu/users/jlriley

(919) 843-5910