Hi everyone,

we are happy to officially announce the availability of the
LAUDATIO-Repository Beta-Version which you can find at
http://www.laudatio-repository.org
<http://www.laudatio-repository.org/> !

LAUDATIO (*L*ong-term *A*ccess and *U*sage of *D*eeply *A*nnotated
Informa*tio*n) has built an open access research data repository for
historical linguistic corpus data. For the open access and (re-)use of
historical linguistic data of the LAUDATIO repository all corpora are
available with Creative Commons-License. All researchers from the
academic disciplines of Linguistics, Historical Linguistics and
Philology can use and re-use the corpora e.g.:

  * look at corpora,
  * search in annotations and documents,
  * download corpora,
  * upload new annotations to an existing corpus
  * and upload new corpora.

The linguistic search and visualization tool ANNIS is integrated in the
LAUDATIO-Repository infrastructure to provide complex and comprehensive
search in the linguistic annotation data.

The LAUDATIO-Repository is technically based on the Fedora Commons
Repository Software. We use the REST-Interface for importing, deleting
and viewing the data.

For the graphical user interface we use the MVC CakePHP-Framework(PHP5).
Furthermore, we have developed several user functionalities with jQuery,
especially for the view and search part.

As for indexing and searching we use the lucene-based searchengine
elasticSearch. We have created a separate mapping model for TEI-P5 model
and facets.

For each record automatically a unique Persistent Identifer(handle) are
assigned.

The validation is automatically against the metadata schema as a result
of the import process. When it comes to mistakes, takes a detailed error
output over libXML-Library.

Furthermore, we have developed several user functionalities with jQuery,
especially for the view and search part.
Are you intending to re-use our code or do you plan a similar project?
Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.
Soon we will put our code + documentation on github.

Feature requests and bug reports are very welcome and can be reported to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Best regards

Dennis
For the LAUDATIO team

--
Dennis Zielke

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Arbeitsgruppe Elektronisches Publizieren
am Computer- und Medienservice (CMS)
Rudower Chaussee 26
D - 12489 Berlin

Postadresse: