When: November 28 and 29

Where: SFU Harbour Centre, Vancouver, BC

Cost: $20

Register here: https://code4libbc2013.eventbrite.ca/

What: It’s a 2 day unconference! A participant-driven meeting featuring
lightning talks in the mornings, hackfest in the afternoons, with coffee,
tea and snacks provided. Lightning talks are brief presentations which are
typically 5-10 minutes in length (15 minutes is the maximum) on topics
related to library technologies: current projects, tips and tricks, or
hacks in the works. Hackfest is an opportunity to bring participants
together in an ad hoc fashion for a short, yet sustained period of problem
solving, software development and fun. In advance of the event, we will
gather project ideas in a form available through our wiki and registration
pages. Each afternoon the code4libBC participants will review and discuss
the proposals, break into groups, and work on some of the projects.
**

Who: A diverse and open community of library developers and non-developers
engaging in effective, collaborative problem-solving through technology.
Anyone from the library community who is interested in library technologies
are welcome to join and participate, regardless of their department or
background: systems and IT, public services, circulation, cataloguing and
technical services, archives, digitization and preservation. All are
welcome to help set the agenda, define the outcomes and develop the
deliverables!
**

Why: Why not? code4libBC is a group of dynamic library technology
practitioners throughout the province who want to build new relationships
as much as develop new software solutions to problems.
**

For more information on the event, visit our wiki page on the code4lib wiki:
**

http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/BC

If you’re ready to get your hands dirty with library technology
practitioners, register here:
**

https://code4libbc2013.eventbrite.ca/

Our first annual code4libBC event could not have been made possible without
the generous financial support of:
**

- BC Electronic Library Network

- BC Libraries Cooperative

- Kwantlen Polytechnic University

- Simon Fraser University

- University of Victoria.

And special thanks to the BC Libraries Cooperative for assisting the
organizing group with administrative duties.
**

Feel free to email me with questions or comments.
**

All the best and see you in November!

Paul Joseph, code4libBC Chair

Systems Librarian