Please excuse cross-posting

*******************
The Chronicles in Preservation project (http://metaarchive.org/neh) is
seeking further reviews and comments on the Guidelines for Digital
Newspaper Preservation Readiness. This is the first major deliverable from
this three-year project (2011-2014) funded by the National Endowment for
the Humanities (NEH) to research and document a series of preservation
readiness steps for digital newspaper curators. *The review period end date
has now been extended to September 30, 2013* so that we can receive as many
comments as possible. Reviewers now have the option of requesting a PDF for
offline reading (more info below).

http://publishing.educopia.org/chronicles/

*About the Guidelines*
The *Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness *seek to
address digital preservation standards and digital newspaper technical
guidelines/practices across a spectrum of readiness options. The *
Guidelines *are geared toward improving preservation readiness for both
digitized and born-digital newspaper content. We hope they will be helpful
for a wide range of stakeholder institutions (including commercial news
publishers), particularly traditional memory stewards such as libraries,
archives, and historical societies.

*How to Review*
Interested digital preservation practitioners and experts/curators working
in the area of managing and preserving digital news and newspapers are
encouraged to review and supply online comments at their leisure between July
22-September 30, 2013. We encourage all comments to be submitted via the
CommentPress form in the right sidebar (name and email address are
required). Reviewers may also request a PDF for offline reading using the
form on the online cover page.

As the Introduction to the *Guidelines* states:

We need content curators to help us understand what we’ve missed (we know
> there are gaps!) and what we’ve nailed. We want to know where you need more
> guidance and where you need less description. We want you to point us
> towards other resources in the field we may have missed, and above all, we
> want you to engage with us and with each other to make the final *
> Guidelines* as useful as they can possibly be.

*Chronicles in Preservation Partners*
The Chronicles in Preservation project is being led by the Educopia
Institute (host for the MetaArchive Cooperative), along with the San Diego
Supercomputer Center and the libraries of University of North Texas, Penn
State, Virginia Tech, University of Utah, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and
Clemson University.

--
Matt Schultz
Program Manager