Hello Colleagues -

I am asking you today to read about a new venture called "SkillSwap" and
let me know via a one-question (yes / no) survey if you would ever use this
service.  This is relevant to both developers and non-developers and I hope
we get a variety of people to respond, and I hope it's as exciting to you
as to me!

I am currently at a Startup Weekend (http://gainesville.startupweekend.org)
and am working with a team to build out the alpha version of SkillSwap
(described below) - we are looking to get feedback on the development of
this service.  Please go to the survey link below let us know if you would
ever use this service, yes or no.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C5F3DKY

SkillSwap is peer-to-peer education for information professionals.  Using
the SkillSwap website you will be able to create a profile with the skills
you have and the skills you want to develop.  You can then search the
database for a compatible colleague with whom to do a swap.  The details of
the swap are up to you: you could meet in person for a chat, shadowing or a
mini-workshop; you could talk remotely by phone or video conference
service.  You could exchange best practice documents or create new
processes right then and there.

SkillSwap lets librarians and archivists collaborate to grow their
knowledge and become more than the sum of your parts.  It's cheap,
flexible, and personalized education - easier to sell to your boss than a
workshop in another state!  And it will be a great way for rural or solo
practitioners to keep up with networking and skill development.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C5F3DKY

I am committed to making SkillSwap a reality and am very excited about this
new venture.  If you're interested in being a beta tester or have any
questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.  Thank you so much
for your time!!

Caitlin
--

Caitlin Nelson