I know we have some grad students on the list, so I thought I would pass
this information along

Google funds several scholarships specifically for students from
underrepresented groups.

If selected, scholarship recipients will each receive a $10,000 USD or
$5,000
CAD scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year and be invited to attend the
all-expense paid Annual Google Scholars' Retreat at the Googleplex this
summer.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of applicants' academic
background, leadership, and demonstrated passion for computer science.

Please see below for a list of open scholarships. All scholarship
applications are due on December 2, 2013.

*Google Anita Borg Scholarship*
<http://www.google.com/anitaborg/us/> is open to
current female undergraduate or graduate students who will be studying
at a university in the United States
<http://www.google.com/anitaborg/us/index.html> or Canada
<http://www.google.ca/intl/en/anitaborg/> for the 2014-2015 academic year.

*Generation Google Scholarship*
<http://www.google.com/edu/students/the-generation-google-scholarship/> is
open to current undergraduate or graduate students from an underrepresented
background in computer science who will be studying at a university in
United States or Canada for the 2014-2015 academic year.

*Google Lime Scholarship
*<http://www.google.com/edu/students/the-google-lime-scholarship/> is open
current undergraduate or graduate students with disabilities who will be
studying at a university in United States or Canada for the 2014-2015
academic year.

*Google SVA Scholarship for student veterans
*<http://www.google.com/edu/students/google-sva-scholarship/>
is open to current undergraduate or graduate student veterans who will be
studying at a university in the United States for the 2014-2015 academic
year.

For more scholarship opportunities, including for students from outside of
the
US and Canada, see http://www.google.com/students/scholarships.

Also, for younger students, *Google Code-in*
<http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2013> is a contest
that
introduces 13-17 year-old pre-university students to open source
development.
It begins November 18, 2013.