On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Dan Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Bill Dueber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Given that File_MARC has been around since, what, the late 1950's, why
>> don't you just slap a 1.0 on it? It's not like anyone isn't using it
>> because they're waiting for the API to stabilize; we're all using it
>> regardless.
>
> Heh. The main reason is that I want to remove the dependency on the
> PEAR Structures_LinkedList package, which is also beta, and also
> written by me. Several PHP point releases ago, native linked lists
> were (finally) added; I had a branch that cut over to native linked
> lists and passed most of the tests, but got distracted by a cat video
> online or something and never got to that finish line.
>
> I have a bit of a crazy weekend coming up, but tell you what: next
> week I'll resurrect that branch and see if I can cut a 1.0 release.
> Seeing tangible interest from the community is good motivation :)

First step: I have removed the dependency on Structures_LinkedList in
favour of the native SplDoublyLinkedList. All tests are passing, and I
think I closed a few long-standing corner cases as well...

Per PEAR rules, I have pushed File_MARC 0.8.0 beta. If a few hardy
souls could give this a shot with their own applications and let me
know if it all looks good, then I'll proceed with 1.0 stable on
Friday.