For the "My Lists" feature what steps are actually involved retrieving an
altered/deleted listing like "[_] Record b2491348 is not available
03-12-2013" by that bibliographic reference code from the 7 month system
backup? Perhaps the backup is compressed and searching a compressed file is
a barrier for what could otherwise be relatively straight forward with
something like grep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep

In the future when we have real computers it'll be trivial to get
information from a backup with the reference code.