I've written a decent amount of code against Sierra, but I don't know if
any of it amounts to an "API".

* I've built some utility code that has grown into a handful Perl modules
that I use regularly in creating new reports.  Most of these are
special-purpose for applications we have in-house but I'm trying to find
ways to generalize them.  Examples: wrapper functions around the Patron
Update Web Service, functions to look-up shelf location names, find/clean
up patron data entry errors, etc

* I've also started creating little web services with mod_perl for use in a
web-application I'm working on.  Examples: a script that spits back item
information in JSON when given an item barcode, a script that spits back a
JSON list of all attached items when given a bib record number.  Again
these are mostly special purpose, but I have a notion to find ways to
generalize them.

I'm aware of two github repo's that might be of interest in this
conversation:
* https://github.com/mcoia/sierra_marc_tools
* https://github.com/geekmuse/sierra-perl-scripts

Sadly, I'm a team of one here and I'm a bit shy about the state my code is
currently in, so I haven't published it anywhere.  ( Also the way I use git
locally is probably "wrong", not to mention there are probably passwords in
old commits. )

Nonetheless, I'd definitely be interested in collaborating on anything that
might benefit all Sierra users.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you want to chat more.

~Dave