Hi Joel,
It usually ends up being easiest to go with one GA account, separating
different sources by using different properties (e.g., UA-[acct number]-1
for CONTENTdm, UA-[acct number]-2 for LibGuides, etc.) rather than separate
accounts entirely. Each property can have different users with different
permissions levels so you can customize who has access to what. You can
further refine each property into different profiles if you want to filter
data from one source in different ways. Having everything under one account
makes it easy to manage and apply common settings (like users, filters, or
custom reports) between properties and profiles. If you add another user,
you only have to add them to one account, too.

There are limits to the number of allowed properties (it's quite high and
goes up occasionally; not sure what it is offhand), so if you bumped into
that you could use another GA account. Google has made it easier in recent
months to jump between accounts and properties, though.

(Sorry for delayed reply, catching up on listservs)