Wow, 250,000? I'm not sure that's right, though I'm prepared to believe
anything. I checked the GA documentation, which says you can officially
have 50 profiles per account. Each property has at least one default
profile, so that's probably the official limit of properties too, before
you'd need to use an extra account. (In turn, you can evidently manage 25
GA accounts per Google user account.)

Not sure where the 250,000 figure comes from, but I've seen a number of
scripting workarounds for the profile limit in various analytics blogs, so
maybe you can sort of 'overclock' your accounts if you needed to.