On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Joseph Umhauer <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I'm considering taking on online course for programming using Python.
> But not sure if it would be useful in my work at an academic library.

So hey! If it's the one I'm teaching, I'm building it around things that
are as real-worldy as I can get -- I'm thinking a PyMARC and a CSV
application.  I want there to be as short a runway as possible from "we
investigate stuff in class" to "we can actually do real things at work".

I'm happy to see this thread, though, because I may yet tweak the examples
:)  And want real-world projects to point people at for future learning.

Andromeda Yelton
LITA Board of Directors, Director-at-Large, 2013-2016
http://andromedayelton.com
@ThatAndromeda