I’m not necessarily prepared to help with the question, but would encourage you to look at other ILS systems that are out there and see if there is one that somewhat meets your needs.

  https://foss4lib.org/package-type/integrated-library-system

Hopefully you can find something that is close that you can contribute to rather than starting out on your own.

Peter

--
Peter Murray
Assistant Director, Technology Services Development