On Oct 1, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Kimberly Silk wrote:

> Even a list of what's up and down would be helpful, if anyone is inclined.
>
> Sent from Kim's iPhone
>
>> On Oct 1, 2013, at 7:19 AM, "BWS Johnson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Salvete!
>>
>>> As far as I can tell the LOC is up and the offices are closed. HORRAY!!!!!! Let's celebrate!
>>

>>    Yeah, I guess the website folks haven't yet got the memo.
>>
>> http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2013/13-A06.html
>>
>>    I suppose someone that's bored on this list might generate a who's up and who's down app for the GOVDOCs folks. :)

My understanding is that some sort of a list will be posted at :

	http://notice.usa.gov/

Anything that's funded directly (eg, the health insurance stuff that people are up in arms about) will stay open, as will anything considered necessary for human safety & protecting property.

... but we're only allowed to do the minimum amount necessary.  So I have keep space weather data flowing, but it's only to patch up things if they break.*

-Joe

* But there's the question of how I'd know when they break ... as I'm not supposed to monitor ... the contingency plans from 2 years ago were that one person on our team would check the logs daily, and if something went wrong, call in someone else.  (as they weren't allowed to call themselves into work)