> Per PEAR rules, I have pushed File_MARC 0.8.0 beta. If a few hardy
> souls could give this a shot with their own applications and let me
> know if it all looks good, then I'll proceed with 1.0 stable on
> Friday.

I just tested this out with VuFind, and all seems to be well...  but of course VuFind purely consumes MARC rather than creating it, so this probably hasn't significantly covered some of the most substantially changed areas.  If nothing else, though, I'm happy that you've reduced VuFind's PEAR dependencies by 1!

Thanks, as always, for all the work you put into this project!

- Demian