We check out the Intuos for short (4-hour) periods and the Bambu
something-something for 7-day checkouts. We also have a few workstations
with drawing tablets attached. I can't speak about demand per se, or about
policies, as I'm not in circulation, but I've fielded questions and
requests about them at the reference desk. Students seem to appreciate
them. That being said, we've got big design and engineering programs that
are probably significant drivers of their use. Not sure what adoption would
be like at institutions without academic populations that have an existing
need.

-dre.