Moodle has a choose-your-own-adventure type of question that can be added
to quizzes called "Lessons."  Here's a write up about
it<http://blogs.library.ucsf.edu/convergence/2013/02/14/moodle-2-lesson-activity-showcase/>
.

I think you could use the Book
module<https://drupal.org/documentation/modules/book>in Drupal to
accomplish this too.

I don't know if these would be perfect fits, but it sounds like they'd be
close to what you're looking for.  Good luck.

-Charlie