Hi Penelope,

Of the document you write, the key part for this discussion seems to be
this:

Some suggested ways to make the scanned information accessible in a
> seamless manner are:

>    - The catalogue records to have two links one to the actual document
>    and the other to a search page that enables searching all the documents.
>    The second link could be something lile “Click here to go to the full-text
>    search for departmental reports”.
>    - An easy to use (user friendly) full-text search interface.
>
> So are you asking how to make a full-text search interface using the OCR
results from Eric's tool?

This doesn't at all answer your question, but gives a pointer to OCR
quality control:
"Case Study: Using Perl and CGI Scripts to Automate a Quality Control
Workflow for Scanned Congressional Documents"
http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/6731

I think if you ask a more particular question (that doesn't rely on reading
your draft), you might get a better answer.

-Jodi