My *guess* is (and more sophisticated Rubyists can chime in and tell me I'm
wrong) is that the gems that are failing on your Windows install are the
gems that have Unix-ish dependencies -- e.g., the Blather gem wants to
compile something in C and is looking for gcc or make or something you
don't have, and the gems that work are the gems that are pure Ruby.

jf

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Jeremy M Prevost <[log in to unmask]