DevKit is a MingW/MSYS wrapper for Windows Ruby development.  It might not
be finding it, but he does have a C dev environment.

I know you cut them out earlier, but would you mind sending some of the C
Header Blather our way?  It's probably got some clues as to what's going on.

Also - which versions of Windows, RubyInstaller, and DevKit are you using?