Register now for the Best Practices Exchange, being held November 13-15, 2013 in Salt Lake City, Utah! See www.bpexchange.org for details.

The hotel deadline for conference rates is October 19th. You may book your room at http://www.radisson.com/saltlakecity/BPE. Please register for the conference itself by November 1st to help us with our planning. The registration form can be found here: http://archives.utah.gov/bpe-registration.html.

We have a full schedule of presentations related to the preservation and access of electronic records. See the full schedule at http://71.2.17.12/bpexchange/images/docs/bpe-2013-schedule-long-descriptions.pdf. Some adjustments to this schedule have been made over the last few days, so if you haven't checked recently, you will want to know when to catch your favorite speakers.

Highlights of the Conference:

*	Former U.S. Senator Bob Bennett will open the conference and help us understand how we can influence the powers that be to financially support archives.
*	Milt Shefter, from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will be our keynote speaker, as well as provide a seminar for students and independent filmmakers.
*	The Sundance Institute will screen one of its films, These Amazing Shadows.
*	Experts in digitization with HUGE collections (FamilySearch and Ancestry.com) will be giving presentations as well as offering tours of their facilities.
*	Updates will be given from the National Archives and Library of Congress about their initiatives
*	Lots of tools, techniques, and collaboration/sustainability ideas will be offered.

Elizabeth Perkes
Electronic Records Archivist
Utah State Archives
346 South Rio Grande