Hiya,

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Eric, I really don't see how RDF or linked data is any more difficult to
> grasp than a database design

Well, there's at least one thing which makes people tilt; the flexible
structures for semantics (or, ontologies) in where things aren't as
solid as in a data model. A framework where there are endless options
(on the surface of it) for relationships between things is daunting to
people who come from a world where the options are cast in iron.
There's also a shift away from thing's identities being tied down in a
model somewhere into a world where identities are a bit more, hmm,
flexible? And less rigid? That can make some people cringe, as well.

> A master chef understands the chemistry of his famous dessert - the rest of
> us just eat and enjoy.

Hmm. Some of us will try to make that dessert again, for sure. :)

Alex