On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Karen Coyle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have suggested (repeatedly) to LC on the BIBFRAME list that they should
> use turtle rather than RDF/XML in their examples -- because I suspect that
> they may be doing some "XML think" in the background. This seems to be the
> case because in some of the BIBFRAME documents the examples are in XML but
> not RDF/XML. I find this rather ... disappointing.

I think you'll find that many people and organizations are much more
familiar with xml and its data model than they are with rdf. Sometimes
when people with a strong background in xml come to rdf they naturally
want to keep thinking in terms of xml. This is possible up to a point,
but it eventually hampers understanding.

//Ed