Hugh, I'm skeptical of this in a usable application or interface.

Applications have constraints.  There are predicates you care about, there
are values you display in specific ways.  There are expectations, based on
the domain, in the data that are either driven by the interface or the
needs of the consumers.

I have yet to see an example of "arbitrary and unexpected data" exposed in
an application that people actually use.

-Ross.