We are in the process of migrating our digital collections from CONTENTdm
to Omeka and are trying to figure out what to do about the compound objects
-- the vast majority of which are digitized books.

The source files are actually hi res tiffs but since ginormous objects
broken into hundreds of pieces (each of which can be well over 100MB in
size) aren't exactly friendly to use, we'd like to stitch them into
individual pdf's that can be viewed more conveniently

My game plan is to simply have a script pull the files down as jpegs which
can be fed to imagemagick which can theoretically do everything I need.
However, I've never actually done anything like this before, so I wanted to
see if there's a method that people have used for combining lots of images
into pdfs that works particularly well. Thanks,

kyle