I've had some success with 4Store: http://4store.org

Used it on mac laptop to load the WorldCat most highly held resources:
http://dataliberate.com/2012/08/putting-worldcat-data-into-a-triple-store/

As to the point about loading RDF/XML, especially if you have a large
amount of data.

   - Triplestores much prefer raw triples for large amounts of data
   - Chopping up files of triples into smaller chunks is also often
   beneficial as it reduces memory footprints and can take advantage of
   multithreading.  It is also far easier to recover from errors such as bad
   data etc.
   - A bit of unix command line wizardry (split followed a simple for-loop)
   is fairly standard practice

Also raw triples are often easier to produce - none of that mucking about
producing correctly formatted XML - and you can chop, sort, and play about
with them using powerful unix command line tools.

~Richard.

--
Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate