Connecting two recent c4l threads... It seems that the web is rapidly
moving toward https. I'm tempted to wonder how soon it will be before
https is the default protocol when you type a bare domain name into your
browser? [1] With linked data we want cool URIs, where one element of
coolness is persistence. If it is likely that http URIs will be seen to
be "unclean" [2] in the near future that would surely be a pressure to
change them. Should we just go ahead and always use https URIs for
linked data now?

Cheers,
Simeon

[1] Of course you can do this yourself much of time with HTTPS
Everywhere <https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere> but I really mean when
is it so much the norm that chrome/firefox/safari/etc. do that expansion
out of the box, instead of assuming http.

[2] Perhaps snoopability of http traffic doesn't matter in the bulk
harvest case but in the case of an individual following a link, any use
of an http URI could leak significant info about what is being looked at
even the server immediately redirects to an ssl page.