Associate University Librarian for Library Information Technology, University of Michigan
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor

The **University of Michigan Library** is transforming the way libraries
organize, preserve, and share access to knowledge in service of the mission of
one of the world's leading research universities. We seek a forward-thinking,
collaborative, mission-driven, and innovative Associate University Librarian
(AUL) to join the library's leadership team, reporting to the Dean of
Libraries.

**Associate University Librarian for Library Information Technology (LIT)**
The AUL for LIT will lead the development of information technology in support
of the university's current and emerging research needs, and the advancement
of scholarly literacy and instructional technologies. To direct the
development, management, and maintenance of a flexible and reliable technology
environment, the AUL for LIT will lead 60 talented staff members in six units:
Core Services, Digital Library Production Services, Learning Technology
Incubation Group, Library Systems, User Experience, and Web Systems. The AUL
for LIT must possess the technical and conceptual knowledge to represent the
library in broad conversations about IT, and advance the campus-wide
development of emerging instructional technologies as well as systems to
enable emerging research needs, including the management and preservation of
data.

We are searching for professionals with a deep understanding of the myriad and
changing roles of the library, who view publishing and information technology
as integral to our mission, and who can excel within the context of a world-
class research university. Because we are committed to diversity, we ask our
leaders to develop and nurture the individual and collective skills to
recognize, celebrate, and deploy difference as a path to engagement,
innovation, and the generation of new ideas. More information is available at:
[http://tinyurl.com/UMLib-AUL-LIT](http://tinyurl.com/UMLib-AUL-LIT). Submit
nominations or questions to: [log in to unmask]

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10610/