Okay, thanks Bob.

I guess for the moment I might just keep using Marc4J by building it
myself from master without doing an official release.

I think that's probably better than halfway doing a release, like
tagging it in the repo with a release tag, but without doing a proper
maven release, just confusing everyone.

If anyone wants to take on a bit of release management for Marc4J --
sounds like we could use you!  Ie, figuring out how to do it,
documenting it in the marc4j repo, making any changes to Marc4J source
repo to make it easier, etc.  Tod Olsen tells me another part of this
puzzle is making sure the javadocs get re-generated (to where? I have no
idea!)

Anyone want to help? A bunch of people use marc4j, often through
downstream dependencies, you'd have many thanks!

Jonathan