DevOps/Systems Administrator

New York Magazine seeks an experienced systems engineer with five or more years of experience to lead our efforts in automation and configuration management as well contribute to the administration of our systems including servers, networking and storage. The administrator will be responsible for automating and maintaining and growing a scalable, reliable, secure and highly available environment, joining a team responsible for 24x7 web environment.

Responsibilities:

Lead efforts in automation and configuration management
Contribute to capacity planning and disaster recovery
Establish clear, documented standards for new processes and tool usage
Propose and implements system enhancements
Build out a cloud infrastructure (AWS)
Administer server, storage and networking systems
Experience:

Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment experience
Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Chef or similar)
Work closely with the development team to identify requirements and implement solutions
Monitoring and Management Tools (Nagios, Zenoss or Similar)
Amazon AWS server management
Apache, MySQL, MongoDB, Solr administration
Java VM tuning
Keep all existing installs up-to-date with the latest patches and OS versions
Deploy software developed by the development team to production
Manage storage network and NFS servers
Build and configure server hardware and associated devices.
Monitor systems in our datacenter (CPU, Network IO, Disk IO, Application Health)
Manage BigIP F5 load balancers
Manage system-level security of our servers
Manage DNS
Manage backup strategy
Requirements:

5+ years experience administering Redhat or other Linux operating systems
Strong scripting experience (Python or programming experience a plus)
Strong experience in automation
Experience managing storage devices such as SAN and NAS
Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Mastery of the command line
Experience with open source technologies
Automation configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef
Continuous Integration services like Jenkins/Hudson
Strong experience administering Apache and other web technologies
Repository tools such as SVN and GIT
A Plus:

VMWare
MySQL database administration
Monitoring tools such as Cacti or Nagios
Networking experience (routers, switches, firewalls)
To apply: Send a résumé and cover letter to [log in to unmask] with “DevOps - NYM” in the subject line. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.

No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.