Dan-

Two points:

1. Yes, I believe that white males who are not transgender pretty much defines that majority group that dominates code4lib conferences, the code4lib community as a whole, and the broader tech world.

2. The phrase "that believes they are actually male" is disrespectful and may be in violation of our code of conduct:

https://github.com/code4lib/antiharassment-policy/blob/master/code_of_conduct.md

That said, if you have an argument to advance that there is some other group of people who are underrepresented at code4lib and deserving of financial help, please make it.  Just complaining about the rules without suggesting a correction is never going to be helpful.

-Esme
--
Esme Cowles <[log in to unmask]>

"In Lydia's imagination, a visit to Brighton comprised every possibility of
 earthly happiness." -- Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice